I don’t choose what magazines decide to write about us. I also don’t agree with every word all the time. Particularly the 2 words currently on trial in the court of Tumblr. I’m just happy to be part of the publication regardless and am grateful they chose to feature us. Stop crying about the opinion of someone else.
We live in a world where people look to others for inspiration, influence and important life values. The unfortunate downfall I see with this, is that more often than not, I see people look up to a lot of mindless public figures for the sense of direction of who they should be rather than figuring it out for themselves. I don’t think the general population knows what self discovery is anymore. Or by the time they get there, the damage has already been done. I know a lot of people have said to me that they look to me for these types of things. Although I feel fortunate that i’ve somehow managed to be a figure of influence, it doesn’t mean I condone it. I want people to find out who they are and what makes them comfortable in their skin on their own. Not because *i* or someone else told them how to. I wanted to get into music because aside from my passion to create and perform, I wanted to help people the way music helped me. Not to tell them who they should be or how they should live. However, I quickly learned that what my plan was had dramatically changed by how tremendous of a response I received about the things I had to say. I feel like it has now become my moral obligation to try and present what I view as the best possible outlook IF it must be that people will inevitably take something from what I say.
With that being said, this song is about my thoughts on how disgusted I am with WHO the majority of the people I see end up looking to for these values and lifestyle choices. I see young women looking to “beauty” magazines, artists and musicians or these fucking hollow, fabricated, bullshit characters on TV shows to tell them what’s beautiful. I see shit about kids killing themselves every fucking day because of bullying. Many of these cases because of them being ridiculed for not fitting in with what’s fucking trendy or cool at the moment. I see a world of “reality” television where these rich giggling cunts who have done nothing with their lives except suck daddy’s dick live these lives of glamour while the rest of us fucking suffer the weight of not even having enough gas money to get to our jobs to make more money to continue the perpetual cycle that is REAL life.
Why the FUCK are these people being put on a pedestal?? Am I missing something? I’ll never understand and I 100% realize that I am fighting a losing battle. At the very least, this song is my light in the distance that these people will always see when looking out their windows. A light to let them know that I’m here and I’m going to do my best to lead a generation to revolt against this bullshit idea of what life is supposed to be.
I asked my biggest hero from my favorite band in the entire world Brandan Schiepatti from the band Bleeding Through to scream along with me on this song. If anyone out there feels the same as I do, it’s him. After all, he and his lyrics have always been what i’ve looked to for guidance and influence when I felt lost. This song means more to me than anyone can understand. Let’s make that light a little brighter. I’m coming for you mother fuckers.
For those who don’t get the title. It’s referring to Zombies. As in that’s what I’m referring to these people as. Dead and hollow beings only looking to consume the lives of others for their own self benefit. Get it now? Making sure to keep the Horror aspect of our band alive and well. enjoy and reblog :)
I often wonder how people can be so stupid and believe everything they read on the internet. I understand that a lot of people are naive and just take everything at face value, but there are more times than not that I just face palm because people seem to thrive on false information.
Over the past year or so i’ve been seeing a lot of VERY inaccurate things about myself and the people in my band and I always just blow it off. I never get mad about it, I just laugh and carry on because it’s generally very childish. I feel thats the best thing to do right? Kids will be kids and people will be people. I accept that.
So with that being said. I’d like to finally set the record straight on some things i’ve seen and some things i’ve never given people straight answers to before because it’s none of their business. Ironically enough though, I know that nothing I’m going to say will matter. I’ll be lucky if this post gets reblogged 100 times, but yet if I were to post a stupid picture of me eating a slice of pizza, it will have hundreds. Or even better yet, if a fan writes some “fan fiction” type story/statement, that will get thousands of reblogs. Oh the beauty of the internet.
Here we go.
1. I have 1 Facebook account and 1 Twitter account. @Chrismotionless and www.facebook.com/chrismotionless666 . EVERY other possible account you may come across is entirely fake as is all of the possible information posted on said account. If you run one of those accounts, please be respectful and delete it or report it and get it taken down.
2. I am Not gay. I support gay rights whole heartedly. I joke about my liking for Ryan Gosling all the time because I’m allowed to think a guy is attractive and extremely talented. I can also see how maybe it would be easy to assume I am gay when fans see photos of me with “faggot” painted on my stomach. Those photo’s were taken to get a message across. If you scroll further down in my Tumblr posts you will find it. Although i doubt you will. heh.
3. I am Not in a relationship with Ricky, nor do any of the members of MIW have any sexual relations with each other. period. Once again.. anything you may have read/heard is entirely false and is a result of haters, or people writing “fan fiction” or on “role playing accounts” that fool clueless people into thinking it’s factual. I will never understand why “fans” will post things to confuse other fans or that indirectly hurt the integrity of whichever band member they are providing false information about.
4. I do not have social anxiety disorder. at least not in the way that the posts i’ve read portray it as. Yes I am a very introverted person, yes I do use the band as a way to vent what I can’t elsewhere, and yes I do have anxiety during certain situations in life, but i do not suffer from any disorder and it has not ruined any parts of my life. If i did, why would I come out to meet fans or be very outgoing when I do meet fans?? Does any one think about this stuff before they talk?
5. I currently do not have a Girlfriend. I was in a very serious and often complicated relationship with a girl named Carlie (ya know, the girl i constantly write about in songs) over the span of 6 years, with intervals of separation within those years. And in one of those intervals a long time ago, dated a girl who is now a good friend named Megan. I never once in at least the past 4 years directly mentioned Carlie online until right now because she was none of your business, nor was/is my personal love life. That’s all you need to know about that situation.